5 Easy Weight Loss Tips You Can Do TodayPosted on Mar 11th 2011 1:00PM by That's Fit Editors
By Jennipher Walters, www.fitbottomedbirls.com
You've probably heard that weight loss is hard, right? Well, it doesn't have to be. In fact, just following these five easy yet effective tips below will get you well on your way to your goal weight!
1. Take a two-pronged approach. When you try to lose weight, you probably drastically cut calories or hit the gym like a banshee, right? Well, instead of depriving yourself or spending hours in the gym, cut just 250 calories from your diet and get 30 minutes of moderate activity by running, walking or biking. Doing this together won't leave you starving or feeling exhausted, and you can lose a pound a week with this strategy!
2. Drink two glasses of water before each meal. So many of us confuse thirst with hunger, so before you reach for that afternoon snack, hydrate with two glasses of water. In fact, research has shown that doing this can help you lose weight in and of itself!
3. Visualize yourself at your goal weight. Every day take a few minutes to focus on your weight loss goal. Imagine yourself at your goal weight, feeling what it's like to put on that pair of skinny jeans or rock that swimsuit with confidence. Visualize how fantastic you'll feel and how much energy you'll have. Doing this daily will help to keep your motivation high and your goals within reach!
4. Have a veggie with every meal and a fruit with every snack. One easy way to keep yourself full and your body energized with the proper vitamins and minerals it needs is to get your five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Make it a goal to have at least one vegetable serving with every meal (preferably two or three!) and a piece of fruit with a little protein for every snack. You'll be satiated and easily cut calories, along with improving your nutrition.
5. Stand up every hour. The research just keeps building on the negative health effects of a sedentary lifestyle and a workday spent sitting. If you sit for long periods of time, make it a point to stand and walk around at least once an hour. If you can, set a timer to go off at the top of every hour so that you don't forget -- and switch up the activities. Do a few jumping jacks or a couple walking lunges -- anything to get the blood flowing!
15 Easy Ways to Cut 500 Calories
Eating for Your Best Workout
12 Tips for Permanent Healthy Weight Loss
Focus Your Fit Intentions With a Vision Board
How to Break Free From the Comparison Trap