Our Reviewer Says ..."It's a no-brainer diet -- meaning that you don't have to think about what to eat -- as almost all foods provided for you, and it works..."
Read the Medifast Diet Review
At a GlanceFor years, Medifast has been helping people lose weight. Its longevity can be attributed to two factors: It's a no-brainer diet -- meaning that you don't have to think about what to eat -- as almost all foods provided for you, and it works. This low-calorie diet claims to help people lose two to five pounds a week. Once you've lost the weight, you'll enter the transition plan where you move away from pre-packaged meals and learn how to maintain the weight you've lost.
- Cost: About $11 per day or $300 per month.
- Meals Provided: Yes, five of your six daily meals are provided by Medifast.
- Diet Duration: Duration varies, as the diet involves a two phase approach. In the first part, you're working on achieving your goal weight. Once you reach that, you'll go through a transition period that could last anywhere from four to 16 weeks.
- Fitness Requirements: Exercise is recommended.
- Time Commitment: Minimal to average.
- Eating Out: No.
- Alcohol: No.
- Vegetarian-Friendly: Yes.
- Strict/Flexible Eating Plan: Strict.