Winter Sports - Keep Safe in the SnowPosted on Dec 24th 2008 2:00PM by Maggie Vink
Filed Under: Fitness
Keep safe while sporting in the snow by following these tips:
- Wear a helmet approved for your specific sport.
- Protect your eyes with goggles.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Use additional safety gear when it is available (e.g. hockey pads).
- Don't drink before skiing or snowboarding, and don't participate when you're not feeling well.
- Avoid hazardous conditions such as ice-coated sledding hills.
- Use approved areas for ice skating, skiing, snowmobiling and sledding.