Japanese have gone bananas -- for Morning Banana DietPosted on Sep 30th 2008 11:33AM by Martha Edwards
The Japanese love their fad diets, and a new one has taken the country by storm. The Morning Banana Diet has become so popular due to recent publicity that grocery stores across Japan are sold out of bananas, according to recent reports from banana importers. What's all the hype about? Here's a run-down of the diet:
- You eat a raw, unfrozen banana for breakfast.
- You can eat whatever you want for lunch and dinner, even fried foods. However, dessert is prohibited. You must eat dinner before 8 pm.
- At 3 pm, you can have a sweet snack, like chocolates or cookies. You can have something healthier, but if you want chocolate, don't deny yourself.
- You can have a bit of room-temperature water at meals, but only a little bit. Don't drink much water throughout the day. You can have alcohol at social events.
- You can work out if you really want to but otherwise don't worry about it. You don't want to put any stress on your body.
- The diet plan is free -- well, aside from the cost of bananas.
What the ... ?! That's a diet? I'd like to know if anyone has legitimately lost weight on this. I don't know about you, but in terms of healthy habits, this would be a step down for me, meaning my eating and exercise habits on the diet would be less healthier than they are off the diet.