Six fixes for hungerPosted on Dec 4th 2007 1:27PM by Martha Edwards
Filed Under: Diet & Weight Loss
Dieting? Hungry? Those two seem to go hand in hand. After all, diets are all about deprivation, right? Wrong. You don't have to be hungry when you diet. You just need to be smart about how you're eating. If you're hungry and trying to lose weight, here are some things to munch on from WebMD:
- Protein. It really is best for curbing hunger and keeping you full for a long time.
- Fiber. Fiber slows down the rate at which food gets processed in your body, which means it will fill you up and keep you full.
- Nuts. nuts add protein to your diet and they're a good source of healthy fat too.
- Exercise. If you get some activity in when you're hungry, you'll curb your appetite. Try it -- it works!
- Keep your hands busy. Eat something that requires some work -- think edamame or nuts in the shell. It will help distract you while you eat.
- Taste something. Sometimes pleasing your tastebuds will alleviate hungry. Try some herbal tea, a mint or some gum.