12 body shapes -- which are you?Posted on Oct 20th 2007 1:16PM by Martha Edwards
Filed Under: Diet & Weight Loss
The notion of all women being an apple or a pear shape is a bit outdated, don't you think? So how many body type are there? 12 according to Brit style experts Trinny and Susannah, there are 12 body types (to see them in pictures, click here):
- Apple: Round all over
- Hourglass: Round on top and bottom, with a tiny waist
- Skittle (American translation: Bowling pin): Small on torso, big in the thighs
- Vase: Like an hourglass but stretched out
- Cornet: Top-heavy, but bottom-thin.
- Lollipop: Big bosom, long legs.
- Column: Tall and thin
- Bell: Small on top but quite large on the bottom
- Goblet: Heavy and square in the torso, with long, thin legs.
- Cello: Big shoulders and bosom, with even an even larger bottom
- Pear: A small bosom, with the majority of the weight in the hips, stomach and thighs
- Brick: Square, heavy and solid all over.