The 5 reasons we overeatPosted on Aug 30th 2007 11:57PM by Martha Edwards
Filed Under: Diet & Weight Loss
While many generations before us have struggled with famine, one of the biggest problems that plagues our generation is over-indulgence. We're a culture that can get too much of a good thing -- we overeat on a regular basis. Blogsoop has uncovered the top reasons why we overeat:
- We let visual cues tell us how much to eat
- Proximity and visibility of food doesn't help either; it's always there, tempting us.
- We're affected by the volume of food -- if our food had more air in it, it might make a big difference in how much we actually eat
- We accept that the serving size that something comes in is the optimal amount
- We ignore the influence that outside influences have on how much we eat